Matters Of The Heart: Your Journey In Caring For Your Aging Loved Ones
With eldercare on the increase, personal involvement of the children is an unavoidable fact of life.
The physical and emotional aspects of caregiving are many, both to the aging and the provider. The journey is full of life-changing, life-altering questions that have never been asked, nor answered, at any point in our young lives.
For 16 years, Susan’s primary job was caregiving for her elderly parents, while managing a successful growing business. This presentation will make you laugh and possibly cry as you learn concrete ways to guide your loved ones into their elder years and embrace what can be a rewarding role.
Attendees will walk away with step by step checklists of what to talk about with parents or children, what to expect, along with worst and best case scenarios.
- When to intervene in your parent’s driving
- Know how to get involved in medical and life-caring decisions
- Prepare for becoming a parent of your parents
- Protect your parent’s finances and living environment
- Establish tools to maintain a sense of self and sanity
Convention, Study Club or Keynote (1-3 hrs)